Business Category: Business Updates
UPDATE: REOPENING: PHASE 1
The South Florida Science Center is now partially reopen for a discounted rate. All existing members will receive a 3-month extension for the time lost and then some. The safety of our staff and guests is our #1 priority, so we have strict safety guidelines in place which are listed below. We are constantly monitoring the situation and all guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), State and other government organizations to keep our guests, staff and facility safe and prevent the spread of COVID‐19.
– All guests and staff are required to wear a face-covering inside the building as mandated by Palm Beach County. Children age 2 and under and individuals with respiratory conditions that preclude the use of a mask are not required to wear a mask. Outside of building face masks are encouraged but not required. Click here for face-covering guidelines.
– You must maintain social distance by staying 6ft apart at all times
– There is a limited number of people allowed at SFSCA which will be strictly monitored
– Use the hand sanitizing stations and wash hands frequently
– Refrain from touching all surfaces
– Protective shields have been installed at teller locations
– Safe distancing decals and safety signs have been installed
– Stay within the exhibits that are open (see below).
INCLUDED IN OUR PARTIAL REOPENING*:
– Fisher Family Science Trail
– Conservation Course Mini Golf
– NEW Daily Amphitheater Shows on our Science Trail – See schedule below
– Science on a Sphere
– Admissions Desk and Bathrooms
– Planetarium & Dekelboum Theater (socially-distanced seating enforced)
– Select exhibits from Quantum Exhibit Hall “Hall of Heroes”, Hall of Discovery and Journey Through the Human Brain
We have 3D-printed personal “button-pushers” available for rent or purchase at the front desk so guests can safely interact with some of our hands-on- exhibits without touching them.
Guests are encouraged to bring their own picnic blankets/chairs to enjoy our new outdoor amphitheater shows on our science trail.
JB’s Cafe will be open under a limited capacity. Hours are Friday-Sunday from 11am – 3pm. View the menu here.
*To view the latest information, visit www.sfsciencecenter.org/phase1