Improving Website Accessibility
Florida Weekly is committed to delivering the best online experience possible to our readers, including those who may be visually or otherwise impaired.
We have taken the following measures to ensure this experience is enjoyed by all:
- All PDF content also displayed as HTML text.
- Contextual links that describe destination (avoiding vague “Click Here” hyperlinks in site navigation)
- Extracted image captions describe non-text content
- Use of at least one <h1> tag, then use of heading tags in order (<h1>, <h2>, <h3>, etc). Headlines use <h1>.
- Good contrast between the text and background colors
As technology continues to advance, we fully anticipate more accessibility options becoming available in the future. We will do our best to provide any new features that will help improve the experience for impaired readers.
If you find any area of the website particularly difficult to utilize, please use our “Report Website Accessibility Problems” form below to alert us. From there, we will do what we can to make it easier.